Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pub Service

On flights under an hour, usually we offer an abbreviated version of our complimentary beverage service: the choices consist of orange juice or water. That's it. Count 'em. Two choices. 1, 2. I made an extremely clear announcement regarding this. Today I had this exchange...

Me: Sir, OJ or water?
6F : tomato juice
Me: OJ or water??
6F : Coke
Me: It's just orange juice or water today...
6F : coffee

In silence, I walked away at this point. Right up to the first class galley, and stared at the tequila minis in the liquor drawer until by osmosis, I returned to normal.

3 comments:

  1. I think whoever made the Pub service beverage announcement should have stressed the choices. "don't make me hurt your feeling but telling you we're only serving water, juice, beer or wine when you ask me for a Coke". I have heard this before. Totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...I clearly state that all other request will equal no beverage. Too bad, so sad. You failed today's OQ test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STARRED of STARED?

    ReplyDelete